Monday 22nd April sees the launch of our project’s exciting ” Coleraine Ambassador Programme“. This inspiring 6-day programme is open to all our project members and is all about developing skills to help the project achieve its outcomes – and specifically to develop confidence and knowledge to lead local heritage trails.
Part One : Foundation Programme (4 days)
If you’re registered on the programme, during the foundation programme you’ll get to:
1.Understand yourself and others better.
2. Build and manage relationships in a skilful and sensitive way.
3. Build confidence.
4. Develop communication and presentation skills.
5. Manage your emotions effectively.
6. Build basic coaching skills that you can use to help and support others.
7. Really enjoy learning about heritage, history and life!
Training for the Foundation Programme will be on a Monday at Focus On Family, 9.30 – 4.30pm on the following dates :
Monday 22nd April
Monday 29th April
Monday 3rd June
Monday 17th June
Part 2 : Learning To Lead Heritage Tours (2 days)
To build tour-guiding skills, you will have the opportunity to:
1. Be a “customer” on a guided tour (so you can watch another guide at work)
2. Be coached through designated tours.This segment of the training is the equivalent of a full dress-rehearsal.
This element of the training will take place over the months of November and December , with you being ready to lead tours at the end of 2013 / beginning of 2014.
The initial 4-day programme meets the training requirements of the ABNLP (American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming) at Diploma level (4 days) and will also be accredited by the IACTM (International Association Of Coaches, Therapists and Mentors).
Upon successful completion of the initial 4-day programme, you will be eligible for the following certifications :
1. Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ABNLP)
2. Community Coach (Foundation Level) (IACTM)
The possibility of certification as a “Coleraine Ambassador” upon successful completion of the final 2 days is currently being explored with Coleraine Borough Council. In order to be eligible for this award, you will need to have completed the full 4+2 days.
We’ll keep you posted with all learning programme news here : so keep ’em peeled!